11 August 2012

6th Bead Soup Bead Party - Bead Reveal

Time flies..! It's already time for the 2nd Reveal of the 6th BSBP! This is my first time participating in the Lori Anderson's extraordinary Bead Soup Blog Party and I had a fabulous time with the jewellery-making challenges this project brought along.

My partner if you remember is Adlinah from DreamStruck Designs. She sent me a beautiful soup but, dear me, these weren't beads or colours I normally work with! I'm a little more used to creating designs using 10mm and bigger beads. Adlinah's soup for me contained more delicate beads.


I fell in love with the antique gold flower toggle clasp and immediately knew I wanted to pair it up with the handmade BLOOM tag. I decided later to create little blooms using the little milky pink and chartreuse rounds. And the rest just came along naturally as I continued making the bracelet. The little bead bundle is made of various beads I found in my own stash including some padparadscha swarovski bicones,  tiny pale pink faux pearls and some Czech round and leaf beads.


 


The focal pendant was more tricky. I dangled some of the Czech glass flowers at the bottom of the lampwork pendant but set it aside for more than a week deciding how to incorporate other beads in the necklace design. The challenge for myself was to incorporate some of the yellow ab seed beads. I don't usually use seed beads because I find stringing them a pain. But in the end I strung two strands of the seed beads (without a beading needle!!) and wondered what to do with them. It was only last week I had a breakthrough and decided to do a braid of the seed beads, the faux pink suede cord and some really old AB cube beads (accented by pale pink faux pearls). This is my first time using this technique and I'm very happy with the braid turned out (it did take a couple of trials and errors). The other side of the necklace, was simple wirework with beads and a pink organza ribbon to bring everything together. 




I still have a bunch of beads left over and I know I want to create a pair of earrings with the pink ceramic rounds by Keith O'Connor. I'm still stuck for ideas so until I can create something worthy of their beauty they will be left untouched... 

A big shoutout goes to Lori Anderson for hosting and organizing this wonderful bead soup party and my partner Adlinah Kamsir for providing me such a pretty soup. I love creative challenges and making new friends!!

Now after reading my rather long post on this, it's time to do some blog hopping!!! Please go on over to DreamStruck Designs and see what Adlinah created with the beads I sent her. 

If you are a pinterest buddy the pictures of all the bead soup reveals are here: 


And here's the list of second reveal participants: 


Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Adlinah KamsirDream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 
Andra Weber, Andra's Joyful Journey
Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barb Fernald, Barbara S. Fernald Jewelry 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners


Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto (YOU ARE HERE!!!)
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 
Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Davis, Natural Treasures by Deb
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead
Diana Welte, Lilyweeds


Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio
Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads


Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Krafty Max, Krafty Max Originals
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae
Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders
Lisa Lodge, Pine Ridge Treasures


Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Marcia Dunne, The Alternative Foundry
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place
Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Melissa Muir, Kelsi's Closet Jewelbox
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs



Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle
Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads


Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 
Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art

I'll be hopping around throughout the week and hope to see you along the way..!

76 comments:

  1. Carmen, I love what you did with the beads I sent! I'm so glad I sent you that focal - you did it so much more justice than I ever could have done. Love, love the necklace - it's feminine, elegant and gorgeous all at once. And I would so wear that bracelet too! Thanks for being a great partner; I like making new friends too- especially ones that live nearby :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm happy that you think so highly of the pieces! the bracelet was definitely all due to the findings you packed.. they were an inspiration all by itself..

      if you're ever in kuala lumpur, give me a holler and maybe we can go bead shopping together.. hehe!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! You did a fabulous job on both of your pieces. I must say, you definitely did your soup and those gorgeous beads justice :)

    Don't you love when the beads 'speak' to you and the jewelry just constructs itself in your head? That's how I work and I love the whole process.

    Happy Hopping! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces. Braiding the beads and ribbon together is a really good idea and the colours look beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Bracelet is beautiful and full of elegance. I'd like to wear it :)
    Necklace is pretty and so sweet. I think about ice cream when I look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carmen everything looks so delicious. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having seen those lovely beads in the flesh, I must say you have done great! I love the necklace with the flower focal. Lovely braiding of leather with seed beads and pearls. So feminine! I would love to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative bracelet! I like it!! Regards from Poland, Dorota

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so pretty! All you work is so delicate. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both designs are sooooo pretty 1
    LOVE the bracelets !
    Delicious Soup !
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely pieces. Love the bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely braided part in your necklace, all design of it is so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - love both of your pieces - gorgeous! Love the braiding technique you used on the necklace! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pieces are gorgeous! I especially love the bracelet. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pieces ! I really like the use of fiber - you did that brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both pieces are gorgeous ! Love the colors and the combinations, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo pretty. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.....Such a delicate ,elegant jewelry.Both pieces are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet bracelet!! Love the spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful design from this sweet candy soup!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such nice pieces! You did a great jobb with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carmen, this goes to show that even beads that at first appear the "wrong" colour or size, can be quite spectacular with a splash of inspiration and a positive attitude. Congrats on creating "designs within the design" particularly with your crystals and seeds... so feminine and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww, both of your pieces are so super sweet. That bracelet just makes me smile it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! Love how you grouped the beads on the bracelet. The necklace is beautiful - particularly like the way you have woven the ribbon in :) Great bead soup!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such lovely colors and delicate designs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. They're both beautiful but I'm particularly fond on the bracelet!

    Thank you so much for coming to the party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice job, I really love the bracelet design!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very beautiful creations and I especially love what you did with the bracelet. This is my first BSBP too and it's been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looking at your gorgeous creations one couldn't tell that you were working outside of your comfort zone. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wasn't a huge fan of ribbon but you have converted me. Your work is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So sweet! I really love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very pretty, especially love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both pieces are very pretty. The necklace would be a perfect necklace for an Easter outfit. I used to work with bigger beads too, but recently have enjoyed working with smaller beads. Just keep the leftovers in front of you and the ideas will come. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is a great soup and I LOVE how you made the little flowers. You did a beautiful job on both of these. <3

    Melissa Muir
    http://design.kcjewelbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. A very nice collection ,beautiful works,lovely colors! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the soup you received, and I love your bracelet!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  36. All of your pieces are very pretty! I really like the necklace. Your asymmetrical design really highlights the delicate focal. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Really nice color combinations. I especially like the necklace! That braiding is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love what you made with your soup! Your bracelet is very pretty and the necklace is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the braid that you created with the suede and seed beads!

    ReplyDelete
  40. so sweet!! Love what you did to your bead soup...;-))

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful! I really love the bloom bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wonderful pieces...I'm thinking spring now. The bracelet is super sweet and I love the braid on your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful pieces, I love everything you made.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love what you made with your bead soup...beautiful creations!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  45. The bracelet is pretty and the necklace sweet. Your pieces are very beautiful.

    ~cryssT

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love what you did with your soup... despite your hesitation... love the bloom bracelet and love the focal and how you used it! Super fun! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  47. there is a lot of great soup in this reveal but so far I think this may be my favorite.
    Am I aloud to say that :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a sweet set you've made! I love the bracelet and the necklace is great!

    ReplyDelete
  49. What sweet and delicate designs you've made. Yummie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a beautiful set! I really like the bloom bracelet, and I don't normally care for gold toned pieces. Your little blossom is perfect with it. The braid on the necklace was a great idea, it looks soo neat and pretty. Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh so pretty! Love the beaded flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Adorable! Everything you made is beautiful, but that bracelet is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm a bracelet gal and I am in love with yours! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  54. The necklace is lovely....but that bracelet...It's my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Luv ur work and what a kickin soup! So yummmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love your bracelet that's a sweet toggle but the necklace is such lovely colours and it works so well with the focal!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh how pretty! That braid section is lovely, and the bracelet so charming. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi Carmen,
    Beautiful bright cheery pieces.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  59. wow, I just love the way you did the ribbon with the beads!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lovely! They make me long for the cool temps of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Gorgeous pieces! I love the necklace it seems so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Beautiful designs, soft colors, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love both your bracelet and your necklace! The technique for mimicing flowers in RAW worked very well! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Very lovely design and fresh colors. Congrats on your pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Still Available

  • Grappe Grape Necklace
  • Duckie Earrings
  • Stiletto Bag Charm
  • Chimera Ring
  • Fushcia Mini Hat
  • Love Necklace
  • Sweet Tooth Bracelet
  • Pig Owl Earrings

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP